Please follow all steps below to perform a firmware update for the ControlPro/Panel. If you download the zip-file the below instructions are also attached as pdf. Please print them and follow the steps carefully.
ControlPro/Panel Firmware (Version 3.8.3)
How to know the current firmware version
Before you start, check the firmware version of your ControlPro/Panel:
- Turn ControlPro power on.
- The “HOMESCREEN” will appear on your ControlPro/HMI display.
- Press the [ i ] button to open the “operational information” screen.
- Scroll down to “System info – ControlPro/Panel” to find the current “firmware version”.
Note: If this shows the latest version (Version 3.8.3 or later), there’s no need to update your ControlPro/Panel.
- USB functionalities now work on the USB port of the ControlPro/HMI instead of the internal USB port inside the ControlPro/Panel:
- Backup and restore settings
- Export overall event log
- Import language files
- Updated HTML interface for proper operation in Chrome version 80 and higher
- Improved warnings
- W106 - Compressed air valve fault; gives more info on measure valve current delta in mA
- W105 - Compressed air (cleaning active); is now delayed by the "compressed air alert delay" setting in screen (1.5 Alerts).
- Improved overall event logging
- Included settings and other system data
- Improved filtering (interval times and thresholds)
- Rounding values and added the unit of measure
- Several small bug fixes
- Added lock mode for homescreen function, see “5.7 Lock mode”.
- Complete new function to create an extra password protection on the controlling functions of the home screen (start/stop fan, extra timer settings, STOP, manual cleaning).
- Changed possible events for output relays.
- Start/stop fan
- Cleaning active
- System mode – Automatic
- Warning active
- Alarm active
- Sliding valve output
- Warning/alarm (no compressed air)
- Warning (dustbin)
- Make several trigger adjustable under “1.5 Alerts”.
- Added “external fault - trigger”, options: HIGH or LOW.
- Added “fan alarm - trigger”, options: HIGH, LOW or FAN-MONITORING.
- Added extra options under “2.3 External start/stop signal”.
- Pulse on/off (same as start/stop button; pulse changes the status of the fan).
- Pulse timer on (pulse starts the fan when it was off and triggers an extra timer which can be set from 15 min till 8 hours).
- Make Ethernet setting configurable under “5.6.1 Configure Ethernet”.
- Automatic DHCP.
- Static IP (IP Address, Subnet mask, Default gateway, Broadcast address, DNS).
- Extra info in “operational info” screen
- Added actual value fan frequency (Hz) under “2.2.1 PID setpoint of pressure”.
- Also in same screen at the end of the wizard
- Added option to connect OilShield under “1.1 Fire safety system”.
- Also added new warning: W118 OilShield
- Several small bug fixes
What you will need to update your ControlPro/Panel
- ControlPro/Panel with ControlPro/HMI connected.
- A USB-memory device (USB2.0 or 3.0), formatted in a FAT32 file system.
- A computer with a USB connector.
- Update file (Please download from this page).
Caution when performing the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the ControlPro/Panel. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- We recommend that you create a backup of all settings (settings screen “5.5 Backup”) before performing the firmware update. (See online manual).
- Imported language files could be deleted during the update. After updating the firmware, the language file can be imported again.
- Never power-off your ControlPro while the update is in progress!
- If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, it is possible that the ControlPro won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact your Plymovent distributer if this occurs.
- Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
- Please open/extract the downloaded "Firmware_ControlPro-Panel.zip" file on your computer to get the update files and folder(s) in the "FW_ControlPro-Panel_v3.8.1" folder.
Procedure for the update
Never power-off your ControlPro while the update is in progress. If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, it is possible that the ControlPro won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode.
- Start your computer then connect the USB memory to a USB connector of the computer.
- Please use a USB memory formatted in a FAT32 file system.
- Copy all the update files and folder(s) onto the root directory of the USB-memory device.
- Do not copy the "FW_ControlPro-Panel_v3.6.1" folder.
- Un-mount the USB-memory device through the correct procedure, then disconnect from the computer.
- Connect the USB-memory device to ControlPro/Panel with the power turned off (main switch on ControlPro/Panel to OFF).
- The USB connector is located on the PCB of the ControlPro/Panel, inside the metal enclosure.
- Turn ControlPro power on with the main switch on the ContolPro/Panel. The following screen appears on the ControlPro/HMI display:
- Press the [ Update ] button. The following warning message appears:
- Press the [ Yes ] button. Update process starts.
- About one or two minutes later, "Installation successful" will be displayed.
- Press the [ “back” ] button. Remove the USB stick to reboot:
- The system will reboot.
- First reboot after updating could take some extra time.
- Check if the new firmware version is implemented successfully in the “operational information” screen [ i ] button on the homepage.
- All settings should be retained when updating, if this is not the case you can import your backup data (created before updating). See the online manual.
- After you perform the update, you must delete the update files from the USB-memory device for the normal usage.